Participants of the Symposium for the Chairs of National Groups, held in Nantes in September 2018
A National Group of IABSE, according to the By-laws, consists of all members of the Association within one country.
The National Groups are, in their field of influence, responsible for the active support of the objectives of the Association. They support the Association in particular through the nomination of qualified members for election to the different committees of the Association. They may have their own activities, such as conferences, and publications.
The National Groups of IABSE have no statutory function according to the By-laws. However the Chairs of the National Groups advise the President of the Association at meetings called and chaired by the President.
The organisation of National Groups varies considerably from country to country.
Is there a National Group in your country?
Below are the steps in forming a National Group:
A founding meeting of at least 6 IABSE members residing in your country should be organized as the first National Group meeting. The Minutes must be submitted to the IABSE Secretariat to the attention of the Executive Director.
Minutes should include the following;
- Date, time and place of the meeting
- List of participants with signatures present at the meeting (IABSE members and non-members as guests)
- Group pictures if possible to be used for the Newsletter, SEI Article and Social Media
- Mission and vision of the new National Group
- Plan of future activities
- Elected group officials i.e. Chair, Secretary etc..
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +41 44 633 26 49