Performance-Based Design Founded on Lessons from Bridge Failures
TG1.5 has for mission to mitigate and control the risk of collapse of bridges in designing and long term Life Cycle planning throughout the process of an in depth analysis and assessment of the available information regarding failures and their consequences.
Scope & Limitation
Collapses, partial collapses and near failures of road and foot bridges. All types of structures and materials in designing activity and long term Life Cycle planning. All regions of the world. By using documents in open access only.
Expected Project Output
- Global database for bridge failures (2019)
- Special sessions or workshops during IABSE conferences
- Technical Report with recommendations for design of bridges (end of 2021)
- Report “Case Studies” (2022)
- Joint research projects with other organisations (by the end of 2022)
Start Date: September 2017
Target Date of Completion: October 31, 2022