Vietnamese Group of IABSE
A meeting of IABSE Vietnam National Group Founding was held at 13pm, Room 501-A6 Building, University of Transport and Communications (UTC), Hanoi, Vietnam on 26/11/2022.
-The meeting participants agreed upon the formation of the Vietnam IABSE National Group.
-The Vietnam IABSE National Group consists of 06 members. The others are attending as guests.
-The participants voted and agreed on the following positions of the group:
➢ Chair: Mr. Bui Tien Thanh, University of Transport and Communications-Vietnam
➢ Vice-chair: Mr. Nguyen Thac Quang, University of Transport and Communications-Vietnam
➢ Secretary: Mr. Nguyen Ngoc Lan, University of Transport and Communications-Vietnam
➢ Treasurer: Mr. Ngo Van Thuc, IABSE Vietnam member, Mien Tay University-Vietnam
-The participants agreed upon the missions and the vision of the Vietnam NG group, which is detailed in the next section.
-Mr. Bui Tien Thanh, the new chairman of the Vietnam NG introduced a plan for the future activities of the group, including extending the memberships to other universities and enterprises in Vietnam, organizing future conferences and IABSE symposiums in the country, site-visit trips for the NG members, etc.
-Mr. Jose C. Matos congratulated the newly formed NG and gave his advice for the NG with a focus on how to achieve their missions and integrate the NG into the IABSE community worldwide.
-The participants took group photos, signed the attendant list.
Mission and Vision
The following missions and visions are agreed upon for the Vietnam IABSE NG:
- Encouraging structural engineers in Vietnam to uphold the dignity, integrity, and honor of this profession.
- Establishing and maintaining a network of structural engineers to exchange and disseminate information of common interest locally and internationally.
- Integrating the practice of structural engineering of Vietnam with the world through IABSE international.
- Supporting young engineers in Vietnam through training programs and organizing youth symposiums.
- Creating an effective structural engineering forum in Vietnam to promote public awareness of the profession.
The future activities of the NG are planned to be as follows:
- Coordinating frequent meetings for NG members in Vietnam to impose strategies and plans on the development of the NG.
- Organizing conferences/symposiums for sustainable development in civil and structural engineering with support from IABSE international.
- Organizing site visit to different construction site in Vietnam for the NG members locally and internationally.